Namo amitabha Buddhaya, y'all.
This here's a religious establishment. Act respectable.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Mini-Post: Car! Part II

I've only had this new car for about three weeks.  I haven't even made the first payment on it yet. So you can imagine how surprised and not happy I was when Joan came in last night and said, "There's a great big dent on the back of your car."  I said, "No there isn't."  She said, "Um, yeah, there is."  So I went outside to look at it and lo and behold, she was right:

Somebody frick'n hit and ran me.  Fuck you very much, whoever you were.  Like I'd even care who you were, so long as nobody got hurt and you had insurance.  I thought the whole thing had taken place in front of the house, because I did remember hearing a loud bang about 15 minutes before Joan got home (though, as I do with most loud bangs in my neighborhood, I mostly ignored it because it's usually my idiot neighbor, slamming the door of his house on his way out to yell at somebody on his cell phone in Spanish, and let's just not tell him I understand Spanish, okay? Okay).  Well, this morning I found out that some people at my office actually saw the damage yesterday.  So I'm not sure which is more annoying, that I made an inaccurate police report (though based on the information I had at the time) or that people noticed my car was damaged and didn't bother to tell me.

On the plus side, though, since it happened at work, we might be able to find out who did it now. We do have a record of who comes and goes from here, though unfortunately no cameras.  And if we do figure it out, my insurance company will waive my deductible, thereby saving me $500 bucks.

It's also pretty annoying that sometime last night I walked out, got in my car and drove home without noticing the great big dent.  Honestly, I would make the worst trial witness ever.  I wouldn't notice Godzilla.  "And is the giant lizard you saw that day in court today, Ms. Jonsson?"  "What giant lizard?"

Anyway. I've been trying to get ahold of the police officer who took the report to let him know it happened in an entirely different location than the one I reported.  No luck so far. Apparently you need the officer's name and badge number, which I don't have (see above re: Godzilla), and giving them a report number doesn't help. So they want me to go down to the main police station and get a copy of the report so I can get the officer's name and badge number, and then call him and ask to have the report amended.  Joan is trying to figure out a work-around for this because going downtown to get the police report is simply going to take time I don't have.  She's good at that, so  I'll leave her to it. And that's the news.


No comments: